Atrium invests in loans that cannot be placed with financial institutions but which represent an acceptable underwriting risk. A typical loan from Atrium has an interest rate of 8.00% to 10.0% per annum, a one or two-year term, and monthly 'interest only' mortgage payments. Atrium lends in Canada and primarily in Ontario with a strong preference for mortgage investments in the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa. The basic lending parameters are provided below:
Types of Loans
- First or second mortgages on income producing real estate up to 85% of value.
- 1st mortgages on residential and commercial land up to 75% of appraised value.
- Construction loans up to 90% of cost and up to 80% loan to value.
- Loans to condominium corporations.
- Loan amounts of $500,000 to $20,000,000
- Interest only (or an interest reserve established at funding).
- Limited recourse
- 6 months to 5 year terms
Each loan is subject to thorough underwriting and requires approval from Atrium's Board of Directors. Our diligence includes detailed financial analysis, exit strategy, site inspection, local market review, sensitivity analysis, and third party reports including appraisals, environmental and building condition reports.
Our credit approval and funding process is quick and efficient, with a fast turn-around time and superior quality service. We are proud of our creative deal structures that are customized to the borrower's specific needs.
We have a large range of property and loan types we would consider.
- Land for redevelopment
- Residential apartment buildings
- Industrial properties
- Retail properties
- Office buildings
- Condo inventory loans
- Mixed use properties
- Parking lots
- Storage facilities
- Retirement homes